Courses of Instruction
BASIC LAW ENFORCEMENT
- June 3, 2013 - September 13, 2013
Course Description:This is a 600-hour program consisting of instruction in the basic techniques necessary to begin a law enforcement career. Special emphasis is placed in the areas of criminal law; firearms; crime scene procedures; collection of evidence; laws of arrest, search, and seizure; techniques and mechanics of arrest; domestic violence; and first responder training. Students attending this training will receive a full week of Emergency Vehicle Operations Course.
This course has been designed to meet the mandatory standards required to be licensed by the Missouri Department of Public Safety, Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST), in accordance with Chapter 590 RSMo.
Students are required to successfully complete the standards established for all phases of the scheduled Academy training program prior to being certified as law enforcement officers in Missouri.
Who Should Attend:This course is designed to provide the student with the skills and knowledge required to function as a law enforcement officer.
- $5,250 - tuition, meals, lodging
- $2,550 - tuition and meals
Continuing Education Hours: None
Mineral Area College Credit: 34 hours
Coordinator: Sergeant Brandon White
573-751-3626 or email@example.com
Required Supplies and Apparel
- 1250 Rounds pistol training ammunition
- 350 Rounds buckshot shotgun ammunition
- 25 Slugs shotgun ammunition
- Minimum 3 magazines for handgun
- Holster with minimum of level 1 retention
- Duty style belt
- Magazine pouch
- Shotgun with minimum 5-round capacity
- Hearing protection
- Eye protection
- Flashlight with minimum 65 lumen output and momentary switch
- Two polo shirts (place order by April 19, 2013)
- Two gray t-shirts (place order by April 19, 2013)
- Two khaki pants*
- Black belt*
- Two pairs of black or blue shorts*
- Appropriate undergarments for physical training
- Running/cross-training shoes*
- Cold/wet weather gear* -- raincoat, sweatpants, sweatshirt, coat, long underwear, hat/cap, etc.
- *Student’s choice of brand/style -- all items are available for purchase at:
- A shirt order form can be downloaded by clicking here.
- Missouri State Troopers’ Association
- 1729 E. Elm St.
- Jefferson City, MO 65101
- Telephone 573-635-5500