Courses of Instruction
BASIC CRASH INVESTIGATION
- March 23 - 27, 2015
Prerequisite: A basic understanding of algebraic functions is required to work the formulas taught.
Course Description:This Basic Crash Investigation School is designed to give the student the necessary skills to conduct a traffic crash investigation. The course features instruction in the collection and preservation of evidence, speed calculations from skidmarks, field sketching, and diagramming. Special emphasis is placed on the use of the traffic template, determination of drag factors, minimum speed and combined speed formulas, analysis of physical facts of the collision, and marks left on the roadway. This course will assist the student in formulating accurate opinions on how the crash occurred.
The instructors will provide training to the students through lectures and field exercises which demonstrate practical applications of the course material. Basic Crash Investigation gives the student the foundation to advance to more technical levels of crash investigation.
Who Should Attend: This course is designed for peace officers and individuals responsible for investigating motor vehicle crashes.
Tuition/Registration Fees: Registration fees are due by the first day of class. If fees are not paid in full prior to completion of class, certificates and continuing education hours will not be issued unless payment is received.
- $139 - tuition, meals, and lodging
- $ 70 - tuition and meals
- $365 - tuition, meals, and lodging (federal, private, and non-Missouri agencies)
- $185 - tuition and meals (federal, private, and non-Missouri agencies)
- Continuing Education Hours:
- 25 hours of Technical Studies
- 6 hours of Skill Development
- Mineral Area College Credit: 2 hours
- Sergeant Joey Day
- For questions concerning enrollment:
- Jeanette Ford
- 573-751-3626 or email@example.com