Courses of Instruction
HAZARDOUS WASTE AND EMERGENCY RESPONSE FOR METHAMPHETAMINE LABORATORIES (CLANDESTINE LAB) RECERTIFICATION
- December 4, 2013 Jefferson City, Missouri
- December 5, 2013 Springfield, Missouri
- December 10, 2013 Park Hills, Missouri
- December 12, 2013 Macon, Missouri
- December 3, 2014 Jefferson City, Missouri
- December 4, 2014 Springfield, Missouri
- December 8, 2014 Park Hills, Missouri
- December 11, 2014 Macon, Missouri
Prerequisite: Students must have completed the Hazardous Waste and Emergency Response for Methamphetamine Laboratories (Clandestine Lab) School or a similar training course. Participants will be required to bring their air purifying respirator to the training course. All participants should be currently participating in a medical monitoring program through their employers. Federal law requires law enforcement officers to complete eight hours of health and safety related recertification training on an annual basis in order to maintain their original certification to enter or dismantle methamphetamine laboratories.
Course Description: Through lecture and practical exercises, students will receive eight hours of refresher training so they can maintain their employer certification to enter and dismantle clandestine methamphetamine laboratories. The training is presented in conjunction with the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, and the University of Missouri Fire and Rescue Training Institute.
Who Should Attend: Those law enforcement officers involved in the investigation of clandestine methamphetamine laboratories.
- No fee for course
Continuing Education Hours:
- To be determined
Mineral Area College Credit:
Course Registration: Registration is through the Missouri Department of Natural Resources at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Meth_Refreshers
- Coordinator: For general questions and additional course information, contact Mr. Brad Harris, Missouri Department of Natural Resources, 573-526-4794.