Each team within the MCIU is assigned specialized equipment. Each member of a team is able to transport, assemble and deploy the electronic tools and equipment used in their job function.
Each team member is issued the following equipment:
- 1. Laptop computer with applicable software
- 2. GPS
- 3. 110 Volt Power Inverter
- 4. Digital Camera
- 5. Portable Battery / Emergency Power Supply
- 6. Safety Devices
a. Two Collapsible Warning Signs and Stands
b. Ten Traffic Cones
c. High-Visiblity Clothing
Each Team is Assigned
- 1. Four robotic total stations with prisms, poles, and tripods.
- 2. Four survey grade GPS units.
- 3. Four Unmanned Aerial Vehicles used for crash scene documentation.
- 4. Crash Data Retrieval systems with current software and cabling.
- 5. Heavy vehicle ECM download instruments with current software and cabling packages.
- 6. One Berla iVe system used with the recovery of electronic data.
- 7. One electronic accelerometer.
Vehicles assigned to team members are all wheel drive Ford Transit vans or four-wheel drive pickup trucks. The vans have customized shelving, which improves the storage and management of their equipment, and a workstation to facilitate the recovery of data from a vehicle’s Event Data Recorder. The trucks are equipped with large pull-out trays for storage and transport of their equipment.