Each team within the MCIU is assigned specialized equipment. Each member of a team is able to transport, assemble and deploy the electronic tools and equipment used in their job function.
Each team member is issued the following equipment:
- 1. Laptop computer with applicable software
- 2. GPS
- 3. 110 Volt Power Inverter
- 4. Digital Camera
- 5. Portable Battery / Emergency Power Supply
- 6. Safety Devices
a. Two Collapsible Warning Signs and Stands
b. Ten Traffic Cones
c. High-Visiblity Clothing
Each Team is Assigned
- 1. No less than one total station with prisms, poles, and tripods.
- 2. Electronic accelerometer, such as VC4000 PC or equivalent.
- 3. Crash Data Retrieval electronic instrument with current software upgrades and cabling.
- 4. Heavy vehicle ECM download electronic instruments with current software upgrades and cabling.
Vehicles assigned to team members are pickup trucks with pull-out shelves for storage and transport of equipment allowing for rapid retrieval and deployment of equipment