Dive Team Training and Certification
The Missouri State Highway Patrol, Water Patrol Division currently has 10 members on the dive team. They consist of one(1) supervior, two(2) assistant supervisor, seven(7) full time divers. The divers are located throughtout the state of Missouri.
- Be employed by Missouri State Highway Patrol, Water Patrol Division for at least two years (As per current policy).
- Pass a medical examiniation as prescribed by the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Water Patrol Division.
- Complete a training course designated by the Dive Team Supervisor and approved by the Superintendent.
- Must pass scheduled medical examinations as prescribed by the division.
- Be prepared to dive under adverse conditions and in dangerous locations.
- Annually pass all phases of the division physical fitness test and PADI Divemaster Stamina and Water Skills Test.