Mission Statement and GoalsMission:
The Missouri State Highway Patrol Crime Laboratory is a service oriented institution where the commitment to excellence prevails. Its purpose is to provide superior forensic science services and technical support to all local, county, state, and federal law enforcement agencies by utilizing state-of-the-art equipment and techniques and to present objective, unbiased conclusions to the judicial system.Goals:
It is the goal of the MSHP Crime Laboratory System to:
- 1. Treat all agencies and their evidence with care, courtesy, respect, professionalism, and confidentiality
- 2. Ensure quality, integrity, and accuracy of laboratory examinations through the use of external, intralaboratory, and interagency proficiency testing.
- 3. Promote efficiency and uniformity throughout the laboratory system through effective information management and communications.
- 4. Provide a quality work environment where employees are able to reach their professional potential.
- 5. Further the professional development of laboratory personel by providing training opportunities in the latest technological trends and encouraging membership, certification, and active participation in appropriate and reputable international, national and regional forensic science organizations.
- 6. Interact with other forensic laboratories locally, nationally, and internationally toward advancements in the foresic science field.
- 7. Provide the highest quality forensic science services through continued adherence to all applicable American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors Laboratory Accreditation Board's (ASCLD/LAB) standards.